May Update

Hey everyone, sorry for being out of touch the last month.  Many things to do, many things on my mind.  The weather has come around for riding, so I have been getting out for as many turns as I can, while I can.  People come to visit, others go away to visit and leave me unsupervised...



I know I haven't posted a update about how the whole Cancer process is going, so I put one here as a full update - I call it "Lather, Rinse, Repeat".



This weekend in Edmonton - there many unique things to do - if you want to join me at roller derby - check out this ROLLER DERBY event.  I will likely be the guy by the beer counter trying to be their best customer....  They even have a GROUPON.

If this isn't your style and you want to support a Cancer cause - I hear Karaoke helps prevent cancer.. if don't want to take any chances here is a Karaoke fundraiser in the city.   This supports my friend Colin Hackett as he fundraises for the Ride to Conquer Cancer (Bicycle thing).

Or if you want to slow things down a bit, another Cancer story.  Steve has really twisted the throttle of his off-grid cabin build in Nova Scotia... big things have happened in the last 10 days.  Check out his story and photos here.

As you can see, I am still learning a few technical tricks with this blog site - todays new tricks were about the video captions, links in the script and how to prevent youtube from using the screenshot that makes me look like I am about to puke as the thumbnail.......

talk to everyone eventually.

Comments

  1. Hey Rob,
    I just caught up on the last several months of your blog. Something about going back to work in mid-Jan took up a lot more time in my life and I just realized that I hadn't visited your blog.

    I really appreciate that you're taking the time to share your thoughts and feelings with everyone. Not only are you giving people a somewhat personalized update, but I like the 'deep thoughts' written blogs too. Everyone needs reminders on things like perspective, awareness, and priorities. We are all too wrapped up in the rat race of life sometimes to think about those things ourselves, so your blog was great at bringing it forward in our lives.

    I wish you save travels and rides this summer. All the best with this next wash cycle of treatment.

    I'll catch up again soon.

    Annalee

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Annalee,
    hope that things are going well at the wing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment