Newsletters from the....... monkey?

I was experimenting with Mailchimp, a WordPress plugin as part of my online training course about website building via WordPress.  I experimented for 6 months producing a bi-weekly newsletter.  I tried to keep the focus on mental health, but found that most of the relevant cancer journey info was there.  I will now just put it in blog posts. Here is the full re-post of all the newsletters.

It will all be about links….. The title of the newsletter and the date that I published it.

The Inaugural Cancer Sucks newsletter November 19th, 2015

December is here already, are you ready? December 3rd, 2015

Last of the year Newsletter December 18, 2015

Happy New Year January 1, 2016

Mental Health Snapshot January 14, 2016

How to put things into focus January 28, 2016

Growing up is hard to do February 11, 2016

NO Plan B February 25, 2016

How to react to people who don’t have Cancer March 10, 2016

10th Newsletter – All about podcasts March 24, 2016

Cancer Bloggers April 7, 2016

Whoops, I did it again April 21, 2016

6 months into this project May 5, 2016

Well folks, that was my foray into the newsletter side of “online marketing”.  I had a grand total of 15 newsletter subscribers, with an 80% view rate, and about 10% click rate on links.
From an educational standpoint – I did great… I learned many things about the process of a newsletter, the managing of an email list etc.

I am glad I did this newsletter experience, but found that it was taking away from the Cancer information that should have been in the blog posts.

Thanks again for following along in this journey… even I don’t know where things will go from here.

Comments