Greatest hits

Well, this will be quite a post.
This topic been brewing for awhile. I was waiting for the rocky road to end, but it hasn’t.

I have mentioned before the hit your mental state takes after being told you have Cancer.
It is very easy to get caught in the “why me” pity party.
Then life goes on.
Something else goes wrong, you react and roll with it.

As I am typing this, I have just done another walkabout check on my basement after our 3rd flooding incident of 2019. Sump pump is keeping up, so looking at google reviews of inexpensive generators that can operate my sump pump when the power goes out (that was why we flooded the second time this weekend- which was the 3rd of the year)
On the list of things that have gone wrong since my diagnosis, the number is getting pretty big. I stopped keeping track a couple years ago when I ran out of fingers to track when I said “BOHICA”.
The challenge really becomes – how to maintain a positive outlook when the perception in the world around you is that everything is crashing.

This is where the concept of treating life like a battle comes into play.
It is very easy to sit back and “woe is me”….. I am not saying you can’t do that, you totally can.
But it can’t last very long.
We all can probably note a time when emotions got the better of us when things kept going awry, and we just wanted to throw our hands in the air, make a fort out of the couch cushions and call it a day – been there, more times than I care to admit in the last couple years.

Reality is, that life goes on.
You can watch it happen or you can make it happen.
This all comes into play as we look at the second and third order impacts – added expenses this calendar year, when CRA wants to give me potentially a 5 figure kick in the junk.
So, re-evaluate some priorities, accept some realities, make some tougher decisions, and move on.

I don’t have all the answers, solutions, or remedies. I jokingly told my wife that I wonder if I can use my holidays to get a second job – she suggested I become a Pampered Chef consultant…. after all, I make fun cooking videos on YouTube....
I probably won’t do that.
But, I can’t sit on the couch and feel sorry for myself, there is too much to get done now – so “knuckle down, buckle down, do it, do it, do it”…….

Other news –
Overall health is good. Doc is concerned about my blood pressure – to which I laugh. Stress – causes it, and I have bucketloads of that. Once my stress level goes down – then we can chat about blood pressure, I know mine will be fine.

Website blog stuff –
I know I have said this before, but I am completely re-working things, might change the URL, title, concept, and general purpose of the website.
I want to change the format of my posts, shorten them, make more of them. All this while trying to get started on my discussion lists, but I still haven’t launched them as I don’t have the best format yet – still working a couple different formats and ideas, so they are in the coming soon folder – see my last post for details there.
Part of this is that I have been taking some courses, and looking at what I can do to leverage things to my advantage
I hope to start a “project management” course late April/early May – see what that entails.

quick shout outs and things to follow –
For motivational content to follow – Lee Stuart is doing a VLOG as he builds up a design and shirt company, showing how he has done things to build his brand, and bring his idea to life – totally enjoyable.

So,
thanks for following along on this journey. Please share and spread the word.
oh – in case you were wondering.
You can’t rollerskate in a buffalo herd – Roger Miller
and
BOHICA = Bend Over, Here It Comes Again. That was a term we used when we knew a kick in the ass was coming again.

Comments